Table of Contents
MIPI DSI Display Shield for Arduino
What is it?
The shield lets you drive any LCD panel with a DSI interface. DSI is used in almost every recent smartphone (that is less than ~4 years) to connect the LCD panel to the host processor. The displays are dirt cheap and offer fantastic resolutions and image quality.
- should work with any DSI display up to 1920x1080p
- built-in frame buffer & simple rasterizer with basic graphics primitives
- HDMI input up to 720p (basic version) or 1080p (with external receiver chip)
- simple host interface for drawing commands: SPI or parallel 8-bit
- VR googles (Oculus & alike)
- home-made projectors
- graphics card for small microcontrollers